Build more muscle in less time at any age – my interview on the Fathers After 50 podcast
I recently had the pleasure of being interviewed by Greg over at the Fathers After 50 podcast.
The unique aspect of Fathers After 50 are stories about men (and women) who had children after the age of 50. But it is much more than that.
Fathers after 50 highlights ideas to help men and women over 50 (or just about anyone, really) improve their health, longevity, relationships, and reach personal and financial goals. Episodes include discussions on health, nutrition, longevity, training methods, stories about men and women who started a new business after 50, and of course, fathers who had children after the age of 50.
As Greg explains on his About Page:
The goal is to inspire everyone to become all they can be, especially those of us who are over 50 who might have given up on our dream, perhaps our health isn’t as good as we’d like, or we’re having trouble with finances or relationships. If we can be inspired to take action on our goals and dreams, often everything else falls into place.
How awesome is that?
I really enjoyed discussing how to build more muscle, in less time, at any age (even after 50!) with Greg on the show!
Here’s some of the things we covered:
- My background over the past 39 years in strength training and physical therapy
- What motivated me to create the Strength After 50 workout program
- The new rules of strength training after the age of 50
- How people over 50 can get and stay strong in 30-45 minutes once or twice a week
- Why it’s a mistake to work out 15-20 minutes a day 5 days a week (sorry Greg!)
- An example of a workout plan that fits most people at 50, 60, 70 and beyond
- The story of how I injured my knee, came back quickly and climbed at 12,000 foot mountain in Wyoming
- An example of a 62 year old guy becoming stronger than ever with very abbreviated training (guess who? 😉 )
- And much, much more!