I recently had the pleasure of discussing senior fitness recently with Jacquie Doucette on her Beyond Retirement Podcast. (Video Below)
Jacquie is a Retirement Lifestyle Coach, and the Beyond Retirement podcast features Jacquie and a wide variety of guests discussing the non-financial aspects of how to live a full life in retirement – very much in line with the “Stay Strong, Live A Full Life” philosophy of Strength After 50.
As Jacquie says on her website:
You’ve gone through the “school days” and the “working days”…now it’s time to enjoy the “fun days”! Life is too short not to enjoy every minute of it.
Paying the bills is important but it shouldn’t be draining your energy and sucking away your soul! These should be the best years of your life!
Listen in as Jacquie and I talk about senior fitness, covering things like:
- How and when I got started on my fitness journey
- The path that led me to create Strength After 50
- The truth about strength training over 50 vs. when your young
- Why people over 50 stand to gain the most from the activity compared to other age groups
- The minimum amount of strength training needed to achieve a good level of senior fitness
- The best exercises to include in a strength training workout for over 50
- The only way to be successful with strength training at home
- How to balance strength training with other physical activities
- The 3 biggest health and fitness complaints of people over 50
- And much more!
Click on the video below to hear the podcast – then leave a comment below and let me know your thoughts.
Senior Fitness: My video interview on the Beyond Retirement podcast
Related content to my Beyond Retirement interview:
Absolutely excellent interview and content! Safely stay strong and get stronger. Give your body a reason to stay as strong and functional as possible AND doing it safe!
Thanks Donnie, glad you enjoyed it. Strength training is supposed to help you, not hurt you – finding ways to keep your workouts safe AND effective is critical when you’re over 50.